I often poke fun at the potpourri-loving, teddy-bear-dressing, silk-flower-arranging types. Then they surprise with a chain email like this one:
Just in case you’ve had a rough day, here’s an eight-step stress management technique recommended in the latest psychological texts.
The funny thing is that it really works.
1. Picture yourself near a stream.
2. Birds are softly chirping in the cool mountain air.
3. No one but you knows your secret place.
4. You are in total seclusion from the hectic world.
5. The soothing sound of a gentle waterfall fills the air with a cascade of serenity.
6. The water is crystal clear.
7. You can easily make out the face of the person you’re holding underwater.
8. See? You’re smiling already.
My evil sense of humor is contagious.